In your groups, prepare a way of teaching your section for 45 minutes. You all have the same reading material, so you will only need sections of it. Obviously, you can research and use other resources. If you send them to me, then I will print them for you. This usually takes 48 hours! Good luck!!
1. JFK the politician, situation in America in 1960, economy (Matt, Cathryn, Ananta, Alexandra, Alex)
- JFK and TV debates – why did he win?
- Problems with the South
- Economy? Problems and success. Amount achieved – compare to Truman and/or Eisenhower if possible
2. JFK and social policies (Molly, Noah, Ajay, Lizzie, Navjot, Laura)
- What was the “New Frontier”? What did it aim to do?
- How did JFK run into difficulties with education and healthcare?
- Judgement? Amount achieved – compare to Truman and/or Eisenhower if possible
3. JFK and civil rights (Abbi, Eleanor, Mathieu, Sally, Harry)
- What problems were left over by Eisenhower and what did JFK do?
- Proposals outlined in 1963
- Success? Amount achieved – compare to Truman and/or Eisenhower if possible