1. Find out about an invention - working in groups, you must find an invention created during the Industrial Revolution. When you have made a decision on this invention, COME AND TELL ME.
2. Allocate roles in your group – teachers, designers, researchers etc. You all must help in each task to some extent, but this will be your primary role
3. Research about it – who, what, when, where, why, how successful etc
4. Design a way your group can teach the rest of the class about the invention to tell them about what it was, why it was made and how successful this was. This must include:
a. A learning objective
b. A starter
c. A main task – this could be writing, drawing, labelling, crosswords etc
This could include:
a. A video (not too long!)
c. Information sheet
5. Email any work to be printed off to Mr Martin with instructions as to how many copies and what size (A5 etc)
6. You then must teach the lesson (15-20 minutes) to the class. The rest of the class need to know information about the invention and could also judge how successful the invention was NB. Any group member who does not have a role teaching must participate as a student.